Happy Halloween!

Today at my work-study office, we had a Halloween potluck.  Yum yum, free food!!

I brought hummus and pita chips, and in all, there was pizza, leek pie, pumpkin baked ziti, salad, salmon pinwheels, empanadas, nacho dip, brownies, cupcakes, rum cake, crudités, and a whole lot of other stuff.  Oh my gosh, I love parties.  Everything was really good...but I have to give props to:






I would buy these.  I swear I would pay money for these.






Justin's seven layer dip. I'm normally not a fan of bean products, but this dip was so so so so good.  It contained mashed beans, guacamole, sour cream, salsa, onions, olives, and cheese.  It was really smooth and creamy and the perfect pairing to my pita chips.  It was so good that I was just eating it with a fork.  A little on the salty side, but it was just the thing to hit the spot.  Mmm.

Kate's cupcakes.  I laid eyes on these little beauties and had to have two. These chocolate cupcakes were topped with a dollop of caramel cream cheese and a candy corn, and studded with a chewy Rolo candy.  It was the perfect little two-bite cupcake to finish a meal, so good and stick-to-your-teeth sweet.  A little cloying after two cupcakes, but so worth it!!



Comments