Milux Cafe

Morris Panini
Sometimes I really love Groupon, Living Social, and the like. One great deal we got was to Milux Cafe, a little place off the beaten track in Soho.

The decor inside is eclectic and recalls a cafe in Italy: dark creaky hardwood floors, mismatched furniture, and the heavy smell of roasted coffee hanging in the air.  Specifically, it reminded me of a cafe we visited on our trip to Milan; we popped into a hole-in-the-wall kind of cafe and I had a delicious sandwich of some cold cut and some cheese on some bread.  I find the simplicity of foods is sometimes what makes certain meals so memorable.




Golden Panini
If we had not had our coupon, I would judge Milux Cafe to be on the expensive side.  They specialize in panini (~$9) and smoothies/shakes (~$6).  Alex had a turkey-smoked mozzarella panini with a vanilla-gelato-orange milkshake (Creamsicle!!) and I had a prosciutto-mozzarella panini with a strawberry-banana-mango smoothie.  Both sandwiches came with a side salad with balsamic vinaigrette.  The panini were on thin slices of ciabatta bread, squished in their heavy panini press and marked with deep, dark, crispy grooves on either side.  The sandwiches were very flavorful and fresh.  My smoothie was kind of unremarkable and tasted like a mish-mash of random unripened fruit, but I definitely enjoyed Alex's "creamsicle" milkshake!

Got a date?  I think Milux Cafe is a cute place to have lunch or dinner with someone special, perhaps over a shared milkshake, one which brings all the boys and girls to the yard, and they're like, it's better than yours.

Milux Cafe
482 Broome Street




Comments