Peppino's

What more could you ask for on a Friday evening than the company of your closest friends, beautiful weather, pizza, and ice cream?

Last Friday night (TGIF), I had just those four things as I dined at Peppino's in Park Slope.  Peppino's is a brick oven pizzeria with an intimate, rustic-looking dining area.  Eight of us were gathered around a table, practically salivating after a long walk to get there.  We split a meal, family style, consisting of an antipasta dish, two salads, and three small pizzas (margarita, alla vodka, and diavolo).



The food was pretty standard Italian cuisine, which reminded me how good simple food with unpretentious ingredients can be.  I had a bite of mozzarella, a bite of sundried tomato (very good), some Caesar salad, some mixed salad with balsamic dressing, a slice of margarita pizza, and a slice of pizza alla vodka.  I had all the quintessential tastes and colors of Italy: tomato, basil, cheese, balsamic, vodka (just kidding), red, white, green.


I loved the fact that the straight-forward food and cozy atmosphere at Peppino's allowed us to have some hilarious, even raunchy, conversations, the best way to catch up with friends.  

Comments